Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Rejuvination and Bliss

Monday I woke up and did not want to get out of bed. I was dragging all day at work and definitely wasn't in a good mood. I kept asking myself why. There really was no reason. Being tired and having no energy just put me in a bad mood and made me want to stay that way. So, I decided to start working out again... what a concept! Oh and it doesn't hurt that I will be in my cousin's wedding as a bridesmaid at the end of March... in a bridesmaid dress... strapless... Hello! Where has my motivation been for the last month? Probably in the trash along with my fast food bags and candy wrappers. Ugh... anyhoo, I've only been at my 4:30 am workout for two days now but I can already tell a huge increase in energy. I've said it a million times - why is it that I know how good working out makes me feel yet I never stay consistent? Not this time... at least not for the next 12 weeks. My hope is to continue popping right out of bed at the ass crack of dawn eager to see Jillian Michaels' face on my tv screen! BRING IT!!!

Do you ever have those ordinary moments where you realize how blessed you are? Last night Garret
t said he was going to grill (for the second night in a row I might add... can you say miracle?!). We marinated some Ribeyes in red wine and garlic (try it... trust me!) and he cranked up Hank Williams Jr. while I read to Garrison in the bathtub. As I sat back on the - important to mention closed - toilet (which by the way when you become a mom is like a recliner for 10 minutes while your kiddo takes a bath) drinking my glass of wine it hit me... my life is awesome! Pure bliss! I know that might sound silly to those who think a perfect night is hitting the bars or going to a fancy restaurant. Don't get me wrong - I love going out with my friends on occasion and I love it when Garrett and I get a chance to go out... but it's nights like last night that make me realize that my sometimes chaotic, imperfect, crazy life is truly incredible!


Well I'm off to watch Molly and Jason's wedding (Bachelor) - I know, I know... but I need something mindless every once in a while. It keeps me sane! Because I know that is a word all of my friends would use to describe me - sane!

Jewels*


1 comment:

  1. I am going to try and follow... I enjoy your writing style! Sad we didn't get to do lunch this week but next month is my Bday so we can't miss that one!

    --Aaron

    ReplyDelete