Thursday, October 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Garrett!

Today is my husband Garrett's 27th Birthday. As I put on FB earlier, I can't believe we have celebrated 10 birthdays together. Time really does fly. It seems like yesterday I went to a good friend's house over Spring Break with some friends and there he was! He had just turned 16 and drove down to G-town from McKinney in his POS brown 1982 Datsun. (How I wish I had a picture to share with you.) We all went and played some game at the local elementary school and he and I flirted most of the night. He drove me and a friend home and then we talked almost all night on the phone. And the rest is history...
What do I love about Garrett? Because I know you're dying to know... he makes me laugh until I cry, he tells me the truth even when I don't want to hear it, he is a GREAT dad, he lets me be myself around him, he is one of the hardest workers I know, he sacrifices a lot for our family, he is a manly man, he fit in with my family from the first day (7 uncles and a dad can be intimidating), he has a sensitive side that not a lot of people get to see, most beautiful eyes ever, he is a man of his word, he is giving to others... I could go on and on. I will leave you with my fav pic of my hubby.
Garrison and I went to play basketball (okay, okay we just shot baskets because let's face it - a 4 year old...and me... aren't really "players") at the park by our house yesterday. If you're a parent do you ever have those moments with your kids where it's like time freezes? I know this sounds corny but I'm assuming if you're a parent you know what I'm talking about. He looked up at me at one point and it was like time froze and he had the biggest smile on his face with his flushed little cheeks and that look of pure innocence. It was a moment I will never forget. It is engraved in my memory forever. I love moments like that! Old picture but how can this not make you smile?
I hope y'all have a great night! We're off to dinner for Garrett's birthday but we don't know where yet because as Garrett says, "You know I hate to plan Juliana." UGH! As much as I love him he drives me insane sometimes. But hey, that's what makes life interesting, right?


Love,

Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment