Sunday, December 21, 2008

Baby Ben, Busy Weekend, Hair Experience,Wifely Duty v. Fun

Thanks to everyone for all the prayers for my nephew, Ben. He has been in the hospital with RSV for way too long - going on almost a week now. My sister is a trooper. She has had nothing but sickness and hurdles hit her family since the birth of her youngest, Ben (now three months old). It all started with the hurricane in Houston and just seems to keep hitting roadblocks. Does your life ever feel like that? You're up on this mountain one minute and then can't seem to get out of the valley? I hate that. She has such a positive outlook though. Sure she gets down and sure she gets tired but she never stops having faith or praying. What a strong woman and I look up to her so much! I just hope they are still able to make it in to Dallas for Christmas. We only get to see them every other year for Christmas and their trip of course depends on if Ben is well enough to make it.

We went to the Dallas Arboretum this weekend. It was so much fun. No long lines and it was right before that crazy cold front came through. It was the first time Garrison has been able to sit on Santa's lap this Christmas season so he loved that. He also loved seeing Frosty and Rudolph walking around and actually hugged them both! :) We took a carriage ride, had story time with Mrs. Clause, and did some crafts. All in all a good time! Here are some pics...


So I noticed when looking back on pictures that my hair has had an orange tint to it lately. I thought I found the PERFECT box color (Dream Blonde) about 5 months back and have used it about 3 times now and it all of a sudden started turning that brassy orange color. I know most people would say just go to a salon but WHY when you found the perfect color - let's see... $15 v. $150... hmmmm, tough call. But after confirmation from my mom (thank God she gives me her honest opinion when I ask for it) I decided to dye it a light brown for the winter (even though she warned me for probably the 50th time in my life not to dye it myself). MISTAKE! I now have mousy brown/dishwater blonde hair - ugh! It's not horrible but not great. Oh well... such is life. Here is a before picture (with Mom, Dad, and Garrison) and don't tell me you can't see the orange...And here is the after picture - please excuse the purple sweatshirt that I've had for about 10 years and the no make up which I like to call "fresh face look"... haha!

WARNING WARNING WARNING - like the way I do that??? That would be a warning to anyone who wants to hear absolutely nothing about my sex life or those who don't even want to know that I am a sexually active person or those who think it's gross to even fathom how I ever became pregnant and had a child, i.e. sex... hopefully this would be like a relative or someone along those lines instead of someone who might just think I'm so utterly repulsive that they cannot imagine this... haha! After talking to several girlfriends I keep hearing the word "wifely duty" when referring to "alone time" with their husband - or even boyfriend which is even crazier to me. Why is this??? I have only talked to ONE, count her, ONE girlfriend who enjoys "the act" with her husband, who - like me - actually asks for it on occasion. I realize (after reading a Cosmo statistic a LONG time ago) that over 75% of women cannot reach that point (if you don't know what I'm talking about you might as well just stop reading right now) and so in that case I guess I could understand why you might find no enjoyment from it. But I just have to say that I would be a pretty depressed person if I did not enjoy that aspect of our relationship. Just a thought! Anyone else on the same page as me because I'm starting to think I'm either a ridiculously lucky girl and you better be staying the hell away from my man (haha) or maybe I'm just super sensitive. I gave you a fair warning. Anyways, that's my thought on that issue. And let me just finish that thought by saying that if Garrett ever ever ever complains that it's been a while (oh, maybe 3 or 4 days) I calmly remind him about all of our couple friends (some not even married yet) who go a month or more at a time. I cannot imagine!

I hope all of you have very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Warning Warning! I wonder who that ONE girlfriend is??? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you crack me up. You do know this is the internet, right? Ya know, where anyone can ready what you say?? Okay -- just checking! :) Actually, I like your style and your bold nature!!

    And by the way, your sister is totally my hero. She's got way more patience, wisdom and faith than I expect I'll aquire in this lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I am SHOCKED! Not about the fact that you've been discussing this on your blog, but because you only have ONE friend that enjoys sex. Wow. I think I must fall into that "lucky" category as well then.
    I can believe not always being in the mood - but getting no enjoyment from it and feeling like it's a DUTY? That is amazing.

    Hey, I started a blog as well and am learning how to be dedicated to it...we should read about each other's daily lives and you can give me some tips! It'll be like being on the phone with each other every day.

    Love you!
    L

    ReplyDelete