Thursday, December 4, 2008

I feel naked...

A weird title I know. Although I haven't written in a while I'll make this pretty short and sweet. Garrett wanted me to upgrade my center stone in my wedding ring for Christmas... not that I didn't want to also - what girl doesn't like jewelry? I LOVE my wedding ring but we got what we could afford 6 years ago (at 19). After much diamond searching I came to find that it is absolutely ridiculous that I am looking at way expensive diamonds when it's not even what I really want for my ring. I wanted something different and unique. After much research I decided on an aquamarine center stone. While Garrett would rather I have a diamond (call it a man's ego) I loved the romantic history of the aquamarine stone: "Aquamarine was traditionally worn by sailors to protect them from the water and against storms (ironic that Garrett was a sailor and I was a navy wife? I think not!). It is believed to re-awaken love in a marriage. The Greeks believed that aquamarine would absorb the energy of young love and was considered the best gift for a groom to give his bride after consummating their marriage".... sigh... how romantic! Long story short I found a beautiful 2 carat pear shaped aquamarine stone at a local jeweler who we love and he has my ring today and is putting in the stone! YEAH! I do feel naked though. I am one of those that wears my wedding ring 24/7 so it feels weird to not have it on. I'll be sure to post a pic when I get it back.

So the other day my mom and I went to Firewheel and as we were getting Garrison out of the car I saw a man in a Santa suit out of the corner of my eye. I excitedly (and too quickly) said, "LOOK! There's Santa!!!" Garrison - I wanna see Santa, I wanna see Santa, I wanna see Santa - you get the idea. So then after looking closer I realized Santa looked like a pedophile... ugh! Not a cute Santa. This Santa had a costume on that was open in the front with a tight shirt and a beer gut and no beard - what?! So then I mumbled to my mom quietly - or so I thought - "creepy old man is more like it!" Well Garrison picked right up on that. He started yelling at the top of his lungs, "I wanna see the creepy old man, I wanna see the creepy old man", on and on and on. Mom and I were laughing so hard she was crying. Oh well - out of the mouths of babes as they say! Needless to say Creepy Old Man/Santa went back into the store he was "advertising" for. Yikes! Sorry Santa!

I can't believe how fast this year has gone. Garrett is about to start his second semester at CCCC. I am so proud of him. He is making all A's while working full time and spending time with us. Amazing! Garrison is super excited about Christmas this year and I can't wait to see my precious nephews open their presents when they come in town. If only they were here to stay... that will be my Christmas wish and maybe it will soon come true! I will leave you with a picture of my three favorite boys (under the age of 4). I should add that this is how Will gives "kisses"... say it with me now - awwwww!



No comments:

Post a Comment