Monday, February 23, 2009

Do I always have to have a title?

I get tired of coming up with creative little titles for these oh so pointless blogs so this one shall remain titleless - well, sort of.

Today is our 6th Anniversary. Hooray! Although I have to say celebrating an anniversary on a Monday when my system has been down all day at work (slooooooow day) does not seem like much of a celebration. My husband is super sweet though. Let me preface this by saying he is not a "flowers" kind of guy. I think he gave me flowers once when we were dating like 9 years ago. haha! He just thinks it's pointless to give flowers when they will die in like 5 days and I have to say I kind of see his point. But the girly side of me does think it would be nice to get flowers every now and then. Well he called me today at work and said, "I'm so pissed!"... well hello to you too! He said he called and ordered me flowers at 10 this morning and they guaranteed they would be at my work by 4:00. Well after talking to me a few times throughout the day he realized I had not gotten the flowers yet so he called to check the status and they said they wouldn't even be able to deliver before 5:00. So needless to say he was so upset he got a refund and said nevermind. The fact that he put the effort into it though when I know how pointless he thinks it is just because he knew it would make me happy - made me happy. He even wrote down the product number and told me to go look at them online. They were beautiful and I said thank you for the virtual flowers! :) When I found out they were almost $100 I said THANK GOD you got a refund. haha! I'm such a low maintenance wife. That is absolutely ridiculous and I really do feel for the husbands who feel obligated to buy their wives flowers every anniversary/birthday/mother's day... whenever! I told my hubby to feel free and drive by Wal Mart or Kroger next time he has a hankerin to buy me some flowers. :) That's my story for today. Here is a picture of them - yes I am sharing my virtual flowers with all of you - but the necklace around the vase is MINE! :)


I am super duper nervous about my ear surgery coming up - it's in a week and a half and I can't believe it's so close. Prayers are much appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for your ear surgery!
    I'm sure you will be just fine AND you'll come out with better hearing!
    Sweet that he wanted to get you some flowers - you know what you would both like that would work? ...Wait for it....

    A live plant! I ask for things like orchids or flowering plants like that.
    That would a) resolve the "dead in 5 days" issue and b) still be getting you flowers!

    ReplyDelete