Tuesday, February 3, 2009

New Start

I have been eating healthy for a while now (okay, I can't lie - I just started yesterday) and I feel so much better in general plus of course I'm hoping it leads to some much needed weight loss. I still have some toddler weight on me (I hate it when women say baby fat when their kids are over the age of a year) that I need to shed. I told my husband last night that I was starting to eat healthy just so he was aware. Then he calls me today and asks if I want to go eat at Babe's with him for lunch. WHY would he do that to me? Does he WANT a fat wife? Grrrr.... If you have never been to Babe's you are absolutely missing out. It's pretty much grease with a little chicken - haha. It's family style so they bring all the veggies out whether you want them or not and then you pick from 6 meats. The meat picking is never a hard choice... I'll take some gravy with the chicken fried steak please. No you didn't get that wrong - when I get CFS it usually has so much gravy you can't even see the CFS. I told myself though that this time I would be good. For the record though going to Babe's hungry is like sending a soldier who has been in Iraq for a year to the strip club and telling him to sit back in the corner with a blindfold on - dirty example I know. ANYWAYS, we went and I ordered water (my first good move seeing as how I always order coke) and then I opted for the roasted chicken, and THEN I completely ignored the buttery moist savory biscuits and creamy melt in your mouth mashed potatoes with gravy and I chose salad, green beans and a little corn for my sides. I was so proud! My husband was pretty much in shock I think. I started wondering if he was trying ot break me. haha! Again, does he WANT a fat wife? By the way I think I should have been a menu writer if there is such an occupation. So... after getting many tips and much motivation from my boss at work I am well on my way to a healthy (and hopefully skinnier) lifestyle. Wish me luck!

Nothing else new with life except to tell you that we are doing our taxes tonight. Woo freakn' hoo... I can hardly wait for the accountant's jokes to come pouring out. No offense to any of you accountants out there but I have never encountered more boring individuals than while preparing our taxes. My only saving grace will be coming home and hopefully watching the recorded Office and Bachelor tonight.

Jewels*

1 comment:

  1. I read this yesterday when you posted, and got pulled away before I could say "Awesome! Good for you with the new eating habits. I think that's the hardest thing to change, especially if you live in Texas and like to eat out. We've got some of the best/worst food in these here parts, don't we?"

    So now I've said it. ;)

    ReplyDelete