Thursday, February 12, 2009

Garrison... is that you? Workout or Hell?

This blog is mostly about Garrison...

Garrison was so cute this morning. He work his western shirt, his jeans, and his cowboy boots. He was such a sweet little thing and then we got in the car and he said, "Mommy I'm not going to cry today because of donuts". (Because the other morning he SCREAMED and threw a fit at daycare when I brought 2 donuts instead of the normal 3 that we take once or twice a week for his breakfast - I only had 4 left though and wanted him to be able to take them twice this week.) So I said, "Well that's good baby" knowing where this was going. And he said in his sweet angelic voice, "Do I have donuts today Mommy?" Me: "No bubba, we are having donuts tomorrow! Today we have a snack bar and a banana." One second I'm looking into this innocent little face and the next thing I know I hear this ear piercing SCREAM - scared me to death. I said, "Did you bite your lip?" Becuase it looked like he did and he goes "NO MOMMY!" (I'm typing that really hard as if to emphasize how he said it.) So he went from sweet little boy to psycho child in 2 seconds flat... amazing. But he cried it off and was sweet again by the time we got to school. I swear I'm exhausted by 8 AM most mornings. :)

And yesterday when I picked him up from daycare the teacher gave me that look. You know the look I'm talking about if you're a mom and your kid did something bad and the teacher has to tell you about it. So I was all prepared. I'm really not just saying this but Garrison is one of the most well behaved and well liked kids at school so it's truly rare that he gets in trouble. Apparently he went to timeout for showing his food to his friends at snack time. Well instead of sitting patiently and quietly in time out he started kicking the cabinet and eventually broke it off its hinges... really??? Really Garrison??? I was so disappointed in him. (That always gets him way more than being mad so I guess that's a good thing.) I made him apologize to his teacher, the office staff, and then have a talk with daddy and me both. Then I made him tell my mom and dad since we dropped by their house last night. I wanted him to realize that was not okay. When I was talking to him in the car about it I said, "That makes mommy so sad Garrison" and my eyes started watering (PMS - I'm really not that emotional) and I put my sunglasses back on. He said, "I'm sorry mommy." He looked at me with this agonizing frowny face and said, "Take your sunglasses off mommy. Let me see your eyes." And I did and they were dry by then. He just smiled like he was so happy that I was better. Awwww... how can they be so awful one minute and so ridiculously sweet and cute the next? That's just the day in the life of a a mommy to a three year old.

I did a cardio ball workout on Sunday that my boss recommended. She said to make sure I did the 30 minute and not 50 minute workout. The DVD menu was not clear and just said Workout and Express Workout as my options. Well there was also a 10 minute workout so I figured that was the Express one. So I started up and let's just say this was Hell and the sweedish beautiful fit instructor was Satan herself. After about 10 minutes in she said, "Okay, great warm up everyone. Now let's get started on the workout." I was literally yelling at the tv... "WARM UP??? THAT WAS THE FREAKN' WARM UP??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" Well just then my oh so sensitive and witty husband walks through and asks what I'm doing yelling at the tv. So I keep going... 25 minutes in I was DONE. (Apparently I was doing the 50 minute workout.) I sat down and fast forwarded through the rest to see what other kinds of torture this lady had in mind and my husband walks back through with another smart ass remark about me "working out" (AKA watching tv). I told him I would LOVE to see him do that workout and he walked out without another word. HA! Anyways, point of my story is I consider myself to be in decent shape (cardiovascularly) as I have been (with exeption of this week due to being so sore I can barely walk) going to the gym every morning and doing about 40 min of cardio. But it wasn't the cardio that got me in this dvd. This woman was CRAZY! Squatting, lunging, squatting, lunging... did I mention squatting and lunging? I seriously could barely walk for a few days. I couldn't sit on the toilet without pain. And when I would go to sit on the couch I had to literally jump and fall back into it as to avoid putting any kind of strain on my leg muscles. Pathetic I know. And maybe I am crazy but I will try, try again!

Jewels*

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...the part about him wanting you to take off your sunglasses?? Seriously? Is this kid real? What a sweet little guy! Yes, I realize they have their "moments", but it makes a future mommy a whole lot less hesitant, to read about the sweet ones! I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me want donuts. 3 DONUTS!!! I SAID 3 FREAKING DONUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! You crack me up! No toilet for you! I've been there. Believe me.
    I had a commercial shoot the day after a kickboxing class with our Thursdays at 5PM lady. I'm supposed to be "acting natural" in the background, and I think I hobbled over to my mark instead of gliding like I would have hoped. ; )

    If you like your Swedish lady, you should come hang out with me at the 5PM kickboxing class. This girl makes us RUN half an hour in.
    I've already given this woman everything I have - including my first un-born child and now she wants us to RUN?

    But I keep going because I know it's good for me and I hope that eventually I will be doing everything effortlessly.
    I did get some revenge though. I had her for my sparing partner. And she asked me if I hated her because I was hitting her so hard.
    (Sigh of satisfaction here.) "No!" I said innocently. "I'm just hitting with my normal force."
    Hehe. I am evil.
    Well, I wasn't hitting particularly harder than normal. But I did like to hear that the instructor thought I was going to kill her. ; )
    I am so tough.
    Grrrr.

    ReplyDelete