Sunday, January 25, 2009

Waiting, Waiting, and Waiting

It seems like all I have done the last three days is... you guessed it... wait! So I had an appointment at 6 on Friday to get my hair fixed and had just enough time to make it to the bank before hand. Long story short I needed to open an account with the credit union so we could get Garrett a car. The girl told me to go to the location on LBJ so I headed over there only to find out they closed at 2:00... awesome. So then I went to my hair appointment and apparently it was worse than I thought - because I was there 4 hours. If you count the time I "waited" I was actually there 4 1/2 hours. Ugh! But as you can see at least it's all one color now. I won't even tell you what all this girl had to do to accomplish that but I'm just glad I'm back to a somewhat normal color.



By the way, that second picture cracks me up. It reminds me of those sexy faces that girls try to make for profile pictures on facebook or myspace. I love it when you can see the girls' arms holding the camera out and a lot of times they just "happen" to be pointing downward to show a bit of cleavage - purely accidental I'm sure. HAHA! I try to avoid that at all costs - as Garrett tells me, I can have cleavage in a t-shirt. HA!

Okay, so where was I? Oh yeah... waiting! Saturday I was supposed to go with my best friend to look at a florist and then maybe a bridal shop. I was so excited to have a bit of girl time. Well, Garrison got sick on Friday night and had a fever. So I decided to just go to the florist but we had to go to the bank first. So I go out to the Richardson branch of the credit union to open that account. We make it out there at 9 sharp and of course that branch doesn't open accounts on Saturday - even though the CSR told me to go there. Long story short I wasn't able to go with my friend to look at a florist. So I spent my Saturday at a bank with a foreign lady who by the way kept assuring me she had her eye on Garrison when he kept wondering out of her office into the lobby (riiiiight... thanks but no thanks lady - don't really trust strangers to keep an eye on my 3 year old while I open my bank account). He peed in his pants, she took an hour and a half to open my account, and I head a sinus headache like nobody's business. Garrett and I ended up opening the account just in the nick of time and went looking at cars Saturday. Good news is I think we found one but we won't know until later this week if it will all be finalized.

So today I took Garrison to Pediatric After Hours (an "after hours" doctor for kids in Plano). We go right at 11 when they open and we had to wait in a line that went out the door. Apparently everyone is sick right now... if you live in Texas and you're reading this without (1) coughing (2) runny nose (3) sore throat or (4) sneezing you are the healthiest person I know and I want to know what vitamins you're taking! Anyways, he has a viral infection aka cold with a fever so this should be a fun week. I love letting it "run its course" and just praying the 8 hr motrin lasts all day at daycare. I feel like such an awful mom giving my kid Motrin and taking him to school but really - am I supposed to keep him home with a runny nose and cough? I told him we were going to the doc this AM and he said, "Am I sick mommy?" What a trooper! He doesn't even know he's sick. By the way when we left the doctor Garrison opened his sucker and asked me if there was a bug in it. If you read my previous post about my dad getting him the "bug sucker" you'll see the humor in that. Poor kid will probably fear suckers for the rest of his life!

I'm hitting the gym tomorrow morning at 5 AM so I'll be heading off to bed now!
I will leave you a picture of my cutie patootie with his Oreo face!



1 comment:

  1. A day in the life of a mom!!
    Hope he's feeling better.
    And what in the world is going on this year? We have been sick since Thanksgiving -- no lie. I don't know anyone who has been healthy all winter.

    ReplyDelete