Thursday, January 22, 2009

What does it take?

Let me preface this blog by saying I have NEVER had an eating disorder, never been insecure about myself (any more so than the average woman), and never taken diet pills before. I just wanted to get that out there before I start my story. And the only reason I'm blogging about this is (1) therapeutic for me and (2) maybe someone else will take something away from this.

Last year around May or June I was just really tired of not being motivated enough to stay on a "diet" or work out regularly so I started looking into diet pills. I have NEVER taken a diet pill before. I wasn't looking for anything hard core - just something to help surpress my appetite. I went to this nutrition store by my work and they told me about this supplement. I left and did a lot of research and found nothing negative or critical (harmful) about it. So I started taking it. It gave me so much energy and surpressed my appetite completely! I wasn't even shaky or jittery on it. It was like a miracle pill. It started to cause some side effects like headaches and having to pee every 15 minutes, etc. I stopped taking for a while and started back up a couple weeks ago. I went to reorder the pill and it and it had been recalled by the FDA. There was some dangerous ingredient found in it and they had to "reformulate" it. All websites are saying this new formula sucks. No wonder the old one worked so well. You should have seen me though - even though I knew this had a dangerous ingredient I had never had any problems with it before. So here I am looking to see if anyone still sells it and I had this revelation - WHAT is wrong with me? I just read how dangerous this pill is and I want to keep taking it anyways just because it makes me not hungry? Is what I look like more important than my health? Is what I look like more important than my family? My 3 year old? I was ashamed!!! I have been working out regularly now and I plan on just eating healthy. (As a side note I lost a lot of initial baby weight by just doing a weight watchers type plan and working out so I know it works.) I realized that I have enough respect for myself and my family to have some more self discipline and do it the right way.

I just wanted to share that with anyone out there who might be struggling with staying healthy or losing weight.

Jewels*

1 comment:

  1. You are very brave to share this. I pray that it helps you and others reading your story.
    God bless you,
    John

    ReplyDelete