Friday, January 9, 2009

White Trash Date Night, FOCA, Ammunition Accountability Act, Urine or You're Out

You read that right! It's White Trash Date night! We are headed to the shooting range (my idea surprisingly enough) and then to dinner. I am convinced that I can shoot better than Garrett (although the only gun I've ever shot is a beebee gun). I will update you on what I am sure will by my success! :)

I have come across several "acts" and ideas lately that I want to share with you and comment briefly on:

FOCA (Freedom of Choice Act) - here is a link to what it is about and how it can affect you, the taxpayer : http://www.christianliferesources.com/?/foca/focaprimer.php
I'm not trying ot argue the subject of abortion but it disturbs me that even though I adamantly disagree with it my tax dollars could (and probably will) one day be funding it. That is frustrating on so many levels.

Ammunition Accountability Act - this is being pushed in several states right now. Obama said he won't take our guns but he's going to take our ammo??? They are attempting to "code" all ammunition so they can "track" it. How will they fund this? By taxing ammunition. So it will now be at least $2 more per box. The plan is to keep increasing taxes until it is not affordable for anyone anymore. So hunters, gun enthusiasts look out! They ARE coming for your guns. I'm sure all those "law abiding criminals" out there will be so disappointed they won't be able to go buy ammunition at their local gun store after they have thrown out all of their "illegal ammo". That should really take care of the problem. http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

I love this article that I came across. The slogan is "Urine or You're Out"! I think it makes complete sense! My husband, who was in the Navy for three years, had to take random urine tests to keep his government job fighting for Americans' freedom but not the drug dealer who qualifies for welfare. I'm NOT saying that Welfare is not a good idea. There are a lot of people out there who deserve to be on it but there are also a lot MORE who completely take advantage of it and I don't think it's fair that the hard working honest citizens have to follow the rules and fund the welfare system when the welfare recipients do not have to do the same. I'm just sayin'.
http://www.sodahead.com/question/196961/welfare-reform-urine-or-youre-out-what-do-you-think-of-this-program/

That's my political talk for today. I'm done now! Have a great weekend!

Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment