Wednesday, November 12, 2008

GYM and my new acronym

Get Yerass Moving - my new acronym for GYM! Please don't correct me on how to spell "your ass"... I'm trying to be creative here. I swear it's like I have a hot skinny chick sitting on my left shoulder and a fat ugly chick on my right. The hot skinny chick is telling me I need to get back to the gym, get my ass out of bed in the mornings and stop eating that damn candy leftover from Halloween. The ugly fat chick on the right is telling me it's okay to have cookies for breakfast, you've only had 5 pieces of candy, and the gym is evil!!! The fat ugly chick has been winning lately. My plan was to go to the gym tonight after I put Garrison to bed. THEN I got an email from my mom inviting me to Gloria's for dinner - they have live music on Tuesday nights. Hmmmm... gym and leftovers or margaritas, Mexican, and live music??? Tough call! Mom, if you read this you better not retract the invite so you feel less guilty. (I know her all too well.) My point is, I will be blogging tomorrow, if ever so short and angrily, about the fact that my ass was out bed at 4:40 and at the gym by 5:00.

You know the mom in me is going to tell you what my cute kid said this morning. We were driving to school and he said, "There's no blue, pink, yellow up there", talking about the sky. I told him no it was not because it had been raining (good enough answer for a 3 year old). He asked where the rain was (notice I'm not using quotes anymore because I can't remember how to be gramatically correct with them) and I told him it was all gone. He then told me that we should go to the store and buy some. How nice would that be?! Need some happiness? Go to the store. Need some money? Go to the store. Need a college degree? Go to the store. Oh, the innocence of a 3 year old... sigh...

If you're a guy - WARNING WARNING WARNING - skip this paragraph!!!! - Don't say I didn't warn you. So, I was on the pill for about 10 years and it just wasn't working for me. I then got on Mirena (an IUD that is supposed to last for 5 years). Why not?! Not like we have $700 extra a month to send another kiddo to daycare right now. (sense the bitterness?) I've had my first "cycle" (to be politically correct) since having it put in and let me just tell you girls... I went from having 4 day "cycles" to maybe needing a blood transfusion soon (going on the 13th day now)! It is RIDICULOUS!!! But I called the doc and they said this was completely normal. Riiiiiight..... I'd love to see my male doctor (who I do love by the way) have a "cycle" for 13 days and then tell me it's normal, damnit! So just a forewarning to all you out there. Seriously, I'm sure it will be great in a few months but it's not fun right now because - to put it kid friendly - us girls have needs too! Yowsers!


P.S. Still haven't found a home for Marley (the dog). I'm working on it. I will leave you with a picture of my boys from a while back - how cute are they?!

No comments:

Post a Comment