Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pink Eye, Soldiers, Caleb

I know my titles are random but I'll at least go in order:

My nephew Will has pink eye so Garrison and I said some extra prayers for him in the car this morning on the way to daycare. Garrison said, "Will has pink eye?" I told him yes he did. He said, "Why?" - I'm seriously getting tired of the why questions. They were cute for the first couple days. Being the patient mom I try to be I said, "Remember when you had pink eye and then mama got it?" He said, "I don't have pink eyes mommy. I have blue eyes!" He says this in a way like I'm completely stupid and I should know this. There comes a point when you have to stop explaining and just change the subject. I then said, "Let's sing a song!" And it worked... I always thought I had all the answers but this why thing is just killing me.

I was listening to the radio this morning and a soldier stationed in Iraq had sent an email to the station requesting that they play a song for his wife of 4 years who was at home with their three kids. Being a wife of a former Navy guy I can tell you my heart goes out to that family. Thank God I never had to be away from my husband for more than a couple months and thank God we didn't have any kids at the time. But if it was hard for me in our situation I can't imagine what some of these families are going through. The husband said it best in his email when he said his wife had to be a full time mom and dad to those kids. I'm not here to argue politics - just to simply say that these men and women shouldn't be forgotten - soldiers and their families. Please remember them this year every time you dread Christmas shopping, cooking for all the family, waiting in long lines, or when you stress about your budget being tight for presents. This is a cool site I came across - it's called Soldiers' Angels and the website is http://soldiersangels.org/index.php?page=adopt-a-soldier Many soldiers have families that are constantly communicating with them, but there are some out there who don't have anyone. I just ask that you remember them!

My cousin just had a baby boy, Caleb Robert Gerber and I will leave you with a picture of them. He is PRECIOUS! Jesse is stationed in Spokane, Washington in the Air Force and I am so proud of him and the man he has become.

No comments:

Post a Comment